The Center for Health Outcomes and Population Research at Sanford Research is seeking an Assistant Research Scientist to lead the Center’s Evaluation Core. This position will be expected to lead evaluation projects in a wide array of public health areas, including maternal-child health, adolescent health, and family health. This includes (but is not limited to) assisting in grant development, conducting quantitative data analysis, and providing input on quality assurance to partners. In addition, this individual will be expected to support the evaluation of projects funded by internal faculty members of the Center. Finally, this individual will be in charge of promoting evaluation and methodology services of our Center, including creating a business plan, meeting with potential internal and external partners, and being the go-to person for evaluation requests. We expect that this person will lead a team of up to two Research Associates. Continue reading “Assistant Scientist at Center for Health Outcomes and Population Research”
Category: Nutrition/Physical Activity/Obesity
NE DHHS is seeking a Health Plan Manager. With administrative guidance, this position shall serve as the lead for the development and implementation of the State Health Improvement Plan and the Division of Public Health Strategic Plan. This job includes the planning, organizing and coordination of complex initiatives with an outcome focused, results oriented structured framework. Continue reading “Health Plan Manager”
Deadline: June 13, 2017
LWOK seeks a graduate-level intern for one year, from summer 2017 to summer 2018. This is a mutually
beneficial relationship where an intern can enhance LWOK’s capacity to effectively influence healthy
habits in our community and develop professional and personal skills to apply in their future careers.
The specific work of the LWOK intern will be to: 1. engage with school board/school district/schools to
identify a shared policy priority around physical activity and nutrition, 2. support LWO staff to convene
agencies/organizations on a regular basis to share resources and rally support around the shared policy
priority, and 3. assist in relevant grant writing opportunities.
View the full job description, including qualifications and application instructions in the document below. Live Well Omaha Kids Internship Opportunity
Come join the accredited Prince William Health District team as we support the state’s vision of making Virginia the healthiest state in the nation by promoting population health through leading the community and the Prince William Health District’s health planning and implementation efforts striving toward health equity for our residents.
This position will coordinate the Prince William Health District efforts in developing and implementing a Community Health Assessment (CHA) and Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). This position will facilitate efforts in the community to maximize the use of public/private partnerships to improve the health of the community by using evidenced–based practices to reach community health improvement goals. Continue reading “Population Health Planning and Improvement Coordinator”
NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.