ASPPH is hosting a Virtual Public Health Career Fair, this Friday, April 30th. Visit this website to view participating organizations, and to register. There are positions for various degree levels, all over the country.
Month: April 2021
Charles Drew Health Center, Inc. is seeking someone to lead the Omaha Healthy Start Program.
The Omaha Health Start Program Manager (OHS PM) will lead a team focused on addressing Maternal Child Health (MCH) related needs with the aim of reducing rates of infant mortality. OHS PM will provide oversight for OHS Staff to ensure outreach, education, and case management goals are achieved. In addition, OHS PM will serve as the liaison between the team and community maternal child health initiatives in Douglas County, with a focus on North Omaha. As member of the Operations Department, the OHS PM will work in collaboration with CDHC leadership to ensure participants have necessary supports to meet their healthcare needs.
Creighton University is seeking a Data Analyst. The data analyst will help collect and manage data so that it can be used to analyze business functions, productivity, and redundancies for evaluation. The individual will also assist the Pipeline to Success Program Supervisor with data tracking and the development of evaluation instruments. Will report to the Pipeline to Success Program Supervisor.
Responsibilities will include:
• Obtains and enters data into databases; maintains and updates databases. Directly responsible for tracking and keeping all electronic records up to date. Manage the ongoing evaluation and feedback of programs. Assist Evaluation specialist with reports
• Prepares and generates reports using data maintained in departmental databases; writes computer programs used to analyze data; analyzes and interprets data and reports in collaboration with Evaluation Specialist.
• Assists staff and or faculty members in analyzing data for the purposes of planning and conducting research.
• Develops a social media presence and brochures. Prepares and distributes newsletters
• Assists with the recruitment, interviewing and selection of Pipeline to Success students and faculty.
Will assist in coordinating and providing administrative support as well.
The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department, Waste Management and Hazardous Materials Section, is looking for an outgoing, self-motivated individual to be a part of a team with the goal of Protecting and Promoting the Public’s Health. Primary duties will include conducting inspections, investigations, serving on the department emergency response/HAZMAT team, and working at Lincoln’s Hazardous Waste Center and collection events.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with major course work in environmental science, environmental health, environmental engineering, or biological, chemical or physical sciences; or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the desirable knowledge, abilities and skills.
NECESSARY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS Possession of a valid driver’s license when operating a vehicle may be necessary to the satisfactory performance of assigned duties for some positions within this classification.
View the job description and apply online here.