Summer Youth Ambassador
Employment Type: (Non-Exempt)
Employment Status: (Part-Time)
Reports To: (Senior Program Coordinator)
Program or Strategy Support Area: (Economic Justice)
Nebraska Appleseed is a nonprofit organization that fights for justice and opportunity for all Nebraskans. We take a system-based approach to complex issues – such as child welfare, immigration policy, affordable health care and poverty – and we take our work wherever we believe we can do the most good, whether that’s in the courthouse, at the Capitol, or in the community.
The Summer Youth Ambassador is responsible for providing operational and tactical support to the No Kid Hungry Program. The position reports to the Economic Justice Senior Program Coordinator.
- Conducts summer food service program site visits to include: observations, interviews and story collection
- Update and rewrite the Nebraska Summer Meals Best Practices Toolkit
- Create blogs, website and social media posts
- Work on assigned projects specific to No Kid Hungry and Nebraska Appleseed
- Attend partnership meetings
- Complete administrative work in support of No Kid Hungry and Nebraska Appleseed
What you Bring to the Position
The ideal candidate will have the following background, or a combination of the following qualifications:
- A great attitude and willingness to work on all kinds of projects
- Interest in hunger issues
- Commitment to working with diverse communities
- Reliability, responsibility, and a good work ethic
- Good customer service and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Familiarity with social media
- Use of personal laptop and mobile phone preferred
- Reliable access to a vehicle
Youth Ambassadors will receive a stipend of no more than $5,400 between the beginning and end of the program: a total of 360 hours over 10 weeks. Upon the successful completion of the program a $500 bonus will be provided. The program begins on May 18, 2020 and ends July 24, 2020.
Interested applicants should apply by Friday, March 20, 2020 online at: http://nokidhungry.org/ambassadors.