Douglas County Health Department is seeking an Environmental Health Specialist I. Under the direction of the Health Director or designee, and after necessary orientation and training, the incumbent conducts routine inspections; investigates complaints; and enforces city, county, and state ordinances and laws dealing with environmental health and safety. Continue reading “Environmental Health Specialist I”
Project Harmony exists to provide effective, immediate and sensitive support to child abuse victims and their non-offending family members. Project Harmony is committed to a vision with a focus on one goal: ending the cycle of child abuse and neglect. Project Harmony is one of the largest Child Advocacy Centers in the nation. Continue reading “Program Manager – Connections”
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Medicaid and Long Term Care, is seeking a Plan Management Administrator. The DHHS Administrator II is responsible for the administration and management of Nebraska Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) managed care delivery system, Heritage Health. This position will give you the opportunity to help Nebraskans’ live better lives! Apply today! Continue reading “Plan Management Administrator”
NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.
Continue reading “American Indian Health Liaison”
State of Alaska
Department of Health and Social Services
Infectious Disease Medical Epidemiologist