Douglas County Health Department is seeking a Disease Investigator. Under the direction of the Health Director, or designee, the incumbent assists in the investigation and follow-up of suspected and confirmed cases of communicable diseases and other physiologic conditions. Provides education to infected individuals regarding prevention and control and assists in the implementation of appropriate disease prevention strategies. Continue reading “Disease Investigator”
NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.
Continue reading “American Indian Health Liaison”
State of Alaska
Department of Health and Social Services
Infectious Disease Medical Epidemiologist
The state of New Mexico Department of Health in Santa Fe, NM is currently seeking individuals for three different Epidemiologist positions:
Healthcare Associated Infection Epidemiologist
Behavioral Risk Factor Surveillance System Epidemiologist
NE DHHS is seeking a Community Health Educator, Senior. This position supports the grant outcomes around outreach and education for the HIV Prevention Grant. Some of the job responsibilities include planning and implementation of community health education and health promotion activities that comply with the grant goals and objectives. This position will organize and/or participate in workshops, institutes, forums, and discussion groups to promote HIV/AIDS education and programs within the Infectious Disease Area. Continue reading “Community Health Educator, Senior”