- Determines data needed to be collected and the appropriate data resources
- Formulates, implements, and enforces proper data collection policies and procedures
- Develops solutions that utilize the highest standards of analytical rigor and data integrity
- Trains and educates project staff on data collection tools and equipment
- Establishes data quality standards and works with project staff to ensure standards are met
Data System Management
- Ensures data system is operational, and provides access to country teams and partners to submit data
- Assists global and country teams with set-up, testing, and implementation of data collection software
- Performs and documents procedures for data preparation including data cleaning, standardization, and analysis
- Partners with MEL and technical staff to develop data collection and evaluation methodologies, including format design, project criteria and requirements, data compilation, relevancy, and usage
- Responsible for designing and building new Big Data systems for turning data into actionable insights
- Responsible for ensuring that data privacy and security protocols are in place, understood, and followed at global and country levels
Data Reporting and Analysis
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual data reports for distribution, and develops ad-hoc reports, as necessary
- Consults with staff on data coding problems and assists in developing means to correct the problems
- Serves as technical lead to the Data Management component of the project
- Identifies issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation of related work plan activities
- Fulfills other responsibilities as needed
- BSc in Computer Science, Information Science, or related field with a minimum of three years experience in Health Data Analysis/Management, Statistics, or Public Health (Epidemiology/Biostatistics Focus)
- Advanced Degree in related field preferred (MPH, MS, PhD)
- Experience working on a multi-country global health project and collaborating effectively with government counterparts at both national and regional level
- Working knowledge of key areas such as computer applications for data collection, principles and practices of data management, data collection, data utilization, data validation, and report designs
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of field-based data systems including analysis of epidemiologic investigation data utilizing new methodologies or existing techniques
- Work experience in global health security or infectious diseases would be an asset
- Big Data experience with hands on coding and development experience in Scala, Python, Java
- Big Data experience with Cloudera/Hortonworks, and or EMR
- MS SQL Server & GIS Knowledge
- Knowledge of analysis software (i.e. SPSS, STATA, SAS, R Studio)
- Data Reporting and analytics competencies (content knowledge)
- Knowledge of Visual Studio platform, in particular asp.net and C#
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Demonstrated report writing and presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to travel internationally an estimated 15 percent per year
- Must have legal authorization to work in the U.S.
COVID-19 Vaccine Requirement
PATH has instituted a COVID-19 vaccine mandate for all employees, interns, consultants, and temporary staff based in the United States. Individuals selected for job opportunities in the United States must be fully vaccinated, and show proof of vaccination status, upon hire. Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as Pfizer or Moderna, or 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Job Location: Seattle, WA or Washington, DC, United States
Apply online here.