The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking two candidates in the Division of Medicaid and Long Term Care. Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain multiple projects are essential for these Health Data Coordinator positions.
Continue reading “Health Data Coordinator”
NE DHHS is seeking a Health Plan Manager. With administrative guidance, this position shall serve as the lead for the development and implementation of the State Health Improvement Plan and the Division of Public Health Strategic Plan. This job includes the planning, organizing and coordination of complex initiatives with an outcome focused, results oriented structured framework. Continue reading “Health Plan Manager”
Organization: Nebraska Appleseed Center for Law in the Public Interest
Nebraska Appleseed is seeking a full-time Community Organizer to coordinate grassroots, community-driven advocacy and engagement efforts around issues of health care access and poverty in Nebraska.
Broad areas of work include:
- Long-term relationship building and leadership development among populations affected by health care access and poverty issues.
- Grassroots advocacy campaigns engaging community members to take action on health care access and anti-poverty public policies.
- Increasing awareness and understanding on issues of health care access and economic justice in Nebraska.
Continue reading “Community Organizer–Economic Justice & Health Care Access Programs”
NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.
Continue reading “American Indian Health Liaison”
Deadline: March 16th
The Program Coordinator serves under the administrative direction of the Program Manager for the Tobacco Free Nebraska (TFN) program within the Division of Public Health, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (NDHHS). The position works cooperatively within the TFN team and NDHHS to achieve tobacco goals/objectives for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Smoking and Health grant. Continue reading “Tobacco Free Nebraska (TFN) Program Coordinator”