NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.
Continue reading “American Indian Health Liaison”
Deadline: March 16th
The Program Coordinator serves under the administrative direction of the Program Manager for the Tobacco Free Nebraska (TFN) program within the Division of Public Health, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (NDHHS). The position works cooperatively within the TFN team and NDHHS to achieve tobacco goals/objectives for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Smoking and Health grant. Continue reading “Tobacco Free Nebraska (TFN) Program Coordinator”
Deadline: until filled
The Elkhorn Logan Valley Public Health Department is seeking an intern. See the document below for details on the potential opportunities, and instructions for applying.
The Winnebago Tribe is looking to contract with a part time Epidemiologist.
If interested, please contact:
Harold [Dean] Ross
Ho-Chunk Community Development Corp. (HCCDC)
Deadline: 8/24/16 (possibly extending to 8/31/16–check the link to confirm any updates)
NE DHHS’s Chronic Disease Prevention and Control Program is seeking a Chronic Disease Self-Management Coordinator to assist in planning, implementing, coordinating and evaluating the diabetes and chronic disease self-management activities for the Nebraska Chronic Disease Prevention and Control Program. Work is focused on increasing access, bi-directional referrals between community resources and health systems, and reimbursement for accredited/recognized Diabetes Self-Management Education (DSME) programs and Chronic Disease Self-Management programs. Continue reading “Chronic Disease Self-Management Coordinator”