Deadline: updated to August 1, 2017
Panhandle Public Health District is looking for a full-time supervisor/program manager for our accredited, well-established Healthy Families America home visitation program for prenatal and newborns and their families. The position will be based in Scottsbluff. Bachelor’s degree minimum/Master’s degree preferred in family counseling, social work, psychology, sociology, nursing or related field. For complete job descriptions click here and to download an application click here. Send cover letter, resume, and completed application to Erin Sorensen, PO Box 337, Hemingford, NE 69348.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) is seeking two candidates in the Division of Medicaid and Long Term Care. Strong organizational skills and the ability to maintain multiple projects are essential for these Health Data Coordinator positions.
Continue reading “Health Data Coordinator”
NE DHHS is seeking a Health Plan Manager. With administrative guidance, this position shall serve as the lead for the development and implementation of the State Health Improvement Plan and the Division of Public Health Strategic Plan. This job includes the planning, organizing and coordination of complex initiatives with an outcome focused, results oriented structured framework. Continue reading “Health Plan Manager”
Organization: Nebraska Appleseed Center for Law in the Public Interest
Nebraska Appleseed is seeking a full-time Community Organizer to coordinate grassroots, community-driven advocacy and engagement efforts around issues of health care access and poverty in Nebraska.
Broad areas of work include:
- Long-term relationship building and leadership development among populations affected by health care access and poverty issues.
- Grassroots advocacy campaigns engaging community members to take action on health care access and anti-poverty public policies.
- Increasing awareness and understanding on issues of health care access and economic justice in Nebraska.
Continue reading “Community Organizer–Economic Justice & Health Care Access Programs”
NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.
Continue reading “American Indian Health Liaison”