The Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving and protecting the health of the public by advancing and ultimately transforming the quality and performance of state, local, Tribal, and territorial public health departments. PHAB, which administers the national program to accredit health departments, is seeking a graduate student for a summer internship to support its Research and Evaluation department. Specifically, the student would assist with a project to extract data from the community health assessments and community health improvement plans of accredited health departments in order to support the analysis of this key information about how health departments and their partners improve the health of their communities. In addition, the student may assist with other tasks to help prepare for the revision of the accreditation Standards and Measures, including reviewing the literature and conducting content analysis of accreditation reports and documentation.
View the full description and application instructions in the document below.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Medicaid and Long Term Care, is seeking a Plan Management Administrator. The DHHS Administrator II is responsible for the administration and management of Nebraska Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) managed care delivery system, Heritage Health. This position will give you the opportunity to help Nebraskans’ live better lives! Apply today! Continue reading “Plan Management Administrator”
NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.
Continue reading “American Indian Health Liaison”
Deadline: March 16th
The Program Coordinator serves under the administrative direction of the Program Manager for the Tobacco Free Nebraska (TFN) program within the Division of Public Health, Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services (NDHHS). The position works cooperatively within the TFN team and NDHHS to achieve tobacco goals/objectives for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Office of Smoking and Health grant. Continue reading “Tobacco Free Nebraska (TFN) Program Coordinator”
Deadline: LOI 3/15/17; Proposal 4/17/17
The Buffett Institute is accepting applications from advanced doctoral students within the University of Nebraska system for 1- or 2-year fellowships worth up to $25,000 annually. Continue reading “Buffett Early Childhood Institute Graduate Scholars program”