Organization: Nebraska Appleseed Center for Law in the Public Interest
Nebraska Appleseed is seeking a full-time Community Organizer to coordinate grassroots, community-driven advocacy and engagement efforts around issues of health care access and poverty in Nebraska.
Broad areas of work include:
- Long-term relationship building and leadership development among populations affected by health care access and poverty issues.
- Grassroots advocacy campaigns engaging community members to take action on health care access and anti-poverty public policies.
- Increasing awareness and understanding on issues of health care access and economic justice in Nebraska.
Continue reading “Community Organizer–Economic Justice & Health Care Access Programs”
Come join the accredited Prince William Health District team as we support the state’s vision of making Virginia the healthiest state in the nation by promoting population health through leading the community and the Prince William Health District’s health planning and implementation efforts striving toward health equity for our residents.
This position will coordinate the Prince William Health District efforts in developing and implementing a Community Health Assessment (CHA) and Community Health Improvement Plan (CHIP). This position will facilitate efforts in the community to maximize the use of public/private partnerships to improve the health of the community by using evidenced–based practices to reach community health improvement goals. Continue reading “Population Health Planning and Improvement Coordinator”
The Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving and protecting the health of the public by advancing and ultimately transforming the quality and performance of state, local, Tribal, and territorial public health departments. PHAB, which administers the national program to accredit health departments, is seeking a graduate student for a summer internship to support its Research and Evaluation department. Specifically, the student would assist with a project to extract data from the community health assessments and community health improvement plans of accredited health departments in order to support the analysis of this key information about how health departments and their partners improve the health of their communities. In addition, the student may assist with other tasks to help prepare for the revision of the accreditation Standards and Measures, including reviewing the literature and conducting content analysis of accreditation reports and documentation.
View the full description and application instructions in the document below.
The Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Division of Medicaid and Long Term Care, is seeking a Plan Management Administrator. The DHHS Administrator II is responsible for the administration and management of Nebraska Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP) managed care delivery system, Heritage Health. This position will give you the opportunity to help Nebraskans’ live better lives! Apply today! Continue reading “Plan Management Administrator”
NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.
Continue reading “American Indian Health Liaison”