The Nebraska Hospital Association is seeking a Data Director.
The NHA Data Director is responsible for overseeing the NHA data department data processing, including data mining and analytics. The Director will be responsible for providing data to support and enhance decision making including data forecasting to inform hospital performance, financial and clinical outcomes.
NH DHHS is looking to hire five onboarding Specialists and five data quality specialist positions. They are also looking to hire one Data Analyst who has experience with data analysis and creating data visualizations using tools such PowerBI and Tableau etc. All these positions are for two years until June 30, 2024.
The Job IDs are:
Onboarding Specialist: 9T3126, 9T3127, 9T3128, 9T3129, 9T3130
Data Quality Specialist: 9T3121, 9T3122, 9T3123, 9T3124, 9T3125
Data Analyst: 9T3162
1) Go to State of New Hampshire job site at https://das.nh.gov/jobsearch/employment.aspx [das.nh.gov]
2) Click the “Search for Jobs” icon on the right toolbar.
3) Enter the Job ID (XXXXX) for the position in the search tool.
4) Select the position.
5) Click “Apply” in the upper right corner.
a. If it’s your first visit to the NH State jobs site, you will have to create a log in and profile to apply for new positions.
b. The details in your profile will be evaluated for qualification for the position; please note that attaching a resume does not substitute for including full details of your work experience, education, etc. in your profile.
Candidates can reach out directly to COPH Alumn Alok Patra, who works there on the immunization team with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org .
These positions are on hybrid schedule.
Health Data Analyst I
Apply nowJob no: 495483
Recruiter: Allison Plummer
Hiring Manager: Christopher Macrander
Salary Grade: I-7
Work type: Regular
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
Categories: Administration, Analytics
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Nebraska (BCBSNE) is more than just an insurance company; we exist to be there for people in the best and hardest moments of their lives.
Our team is the power behind that promise. And, as the industry rapidly evolves and we seek ways to optimize business processes and customer experiences, there’s no greater time for forward-thinking professionals like you to join us in delivering on it!
As a member of Team Blue, you’ll find purpose, opportunities and the support you need to build a meaningful career and make a powerful impact in our community.
What you’ll do:
- Gather business requirements, extract and prepare the data for ad-hoc reports, using appropriate sourcing and analytic methodology.
- Perform standard analysis to internal stakeholders, providing designs and data mappings for review by a senior along the way.
- Assist senior analyst in analytical projects, including requirement gathering, extraction and preparation of data and analysis methodologies.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions, design reviews, quality reviews and other collaborative quality and knowledge sharing activities.
There is an opening for a summer Research Assistant at Boys Town National Research Hospital
Under supervision of assigned research area leadership, the Research Assistant I role works on various phases of research studies being performed, including data entry and analysis, equipment calibration, preparation of solutions, ordering of supplies, and scheduling/recruiting human subjects for study activities. Duties will vary widely depending on the type of laboratory assigned and research being performed.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Assists in the preparation of stimuli and development of appropriate test procedures.
- Assists in research tool preparation, data collection, and procedures in research studies which may include animals, human subjects, etc.
- Maintains a detailed record of test conditions and results.
- Assists in the calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Assists in the development of software for data collection and data analysis.
- Assists in the design, construction, and maintenance of electronic devices used in laboratories, including PCs, audio equipment, and special purpose interfaces.
- Assists in the recruitment, scheduling, and testing in research studies using human subjects.
- Uses computers to analyze and plot results of experiments.
Ocuvera is a medical technology company in Lincoln, Nebraska. We place three-dimensional sensors equipped with machine-learned algorithms into hospital rooms to automatically monitor patients for increased risk of falling. Falls in hospitals can have serious consequences for the patients, nurses, and the hospital. We are looking for someone to help demonstrate Ocuvera’s effectiveness to our customers through data analytics.
- Work closely with data analytics mentor on all tasks.
- Work with sales and other departments to prioritize analytics needs.
- Data collection and maintenance: help get our customers’ data into a useable format.
- Database implementation: where needed, augment or create new reporting tools to better analyze customer data.
- Data mining: dig into complex data to look for patterns.
- Data interpretation: draw conclusions from each customer’s data and summarize analysis for internal and external consumption.
- Report generation: help create easy-to-interpret, high-impact reports using each customer’s own data to demonstrate the effectiveness of the Ocuvera system. Current database and reporting tools include: PowerBI, SQL, Excel, Canva.
- Innovation: locate and define areas for workflow improvement.
- Pursuing Bachelor, Master, or PhD or equivalent qualification in economics, finance, statistics, mathematics, computer science, or related field
- Possess in-depth understanding of analytical tools and ways of presenting data
- Technical expertise regarding data models and database design and development in SQL
- Experience with one or more programming languages such as Python, C#, or R
- Competency with Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tell a complete narrative using data
***This internship has the potential to turn into a full-time offer. The successful candidate should be open to staying in Nebraska at the end of the internship.
If interested, please send an email to Lucas Sabalka at email@example.com.
Ocuvera is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer.