There is an opening for a summer Research Assistant at Boys Town National Research Hospital
Under supervision of assigned research area leadership, the Research Assistant I role works on various phases of research studies being performed, including data entry and analysis, equipment calibration, preparation of solutions, ordering of supplies, and scheduling/recruiting human subjects for study activities. Duties will vary widely depending on the type of laboratory assigned and research being performed.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
- Assists in the preparation of stimuli and development of appropriate test procedures.
- Assists in research tool preparation, data collection, and procedures in research studies which may include animals, human subjects, etc.
- Maintains a detailed record of test conditions and results.
- Assists in the calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Assists in the development of software for data collection and data analysis.
- Assists in the design, construction, and maintenance of electronic devices used in laboratories, including PCs, audio equipment, and special purpose interfaces.
- Assists in the recruitment, scheduling, and testing in research studies using human subjects.
- Uses computers to analyze and plot results of experiments.