The successful candidate will demonstrate experience and abilities in the following areas:
- Manages NHA Data Processing Program
- Develop Data Sets within NHA’s Tableau-based Data Program
- SQL Data Mining: dig into complex data to look for patterns
- Data Analysis & Predictive Analysis: identify historical trends & model for future behavior
- Report Generation: create reports from data to inform operational and financial performance and clinical outcomes
- Provide recommendations to NHA leadership and customers based on data analysis, including advocacy efforts and public health improvement
- Assist in providing customer service within NHA Data Program
- Assist with other projects as assigned
- Possess in-depth understanding of analytical tools and ways of presenting data
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design and development in SQL
- Competency with Tableau, Microsoft Excel and Access
- Knowledge of healthcare claims data elements
- Ability to generate informative data visualizations
- General understanding of one or more programming languages such as Python, C#, or R
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve technical problems independently
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to tell a complete narrative using data
- Proficient with large group presentations
- Ability to communicate findings in writing
- Ability to work independently and complete assigned tasks within identified time frames
- Demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail
- Knowledge of and adherence to HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act)
- Bachelor, Master, or PhD or equivalent in data analytics, statistics, mathematics or related fields.
The Nebraska Hospital Association (NHA) is a statewide trade association representing Nebraska’s hospitals and health systems since 1927.
The hospital and health system field is the only sector of Nebraska’s economy that touches every citizen and business of Nebraska. Not only do hospitals support a healthy Nebraska and provide essential health care services, they are also among the largest employers and economic drivers in most regions of the state. Hospitals and health care are the foundation upon which communities in Nebraska are built.
The NHA serves as the influential voice of its members in the health care legislative and public arenas, promoting delivery of quality health care and influencing public opinion of hospitals and health networks. Members depend on the Association for information, advice, education and changes in health care regulations, legislation and trends.
Hospitals are the stewards of good health. Through our partnerships with representatives in the health care industry, legislators, government and citizens, the NHA can assist in the development of strong, healthy communities.
The Nebraska Hospital Association mission is to serve its members by being the trusted leader to improve the health, wellbeing and quality of life of all Nebraskans.
The vision of the Nebraska Hospital Association (NHA) is to be the state’s most influential, trusted and respected voice in policy and advocacy, a valued resource for information and knowledge, and a leader in patient safety.
Physical Requirements: Walking, standing, and sitting for prolonged periods. Must have or obtain a valid driver’s license in the state of Nebraska.
Working Conditions: Onsite. Primarily works in a well-lighted, well-ventilated, tobacco-free environment.
Position reports to: Vice President of Quality & Data
Position works directly with: NHA Data Analyst
- FLSA: Non-Exempt
This position description has been developed to enhance the communication of job and job performance expectations between the employee and supervisor. It should not be considered a contractual agreement. The information contained in the position description is designed to best reflect the duties and characteristics of the job. This information will be reviewed on a regular basis for modification or change. This review may be initiated at any time by either the employee or management.