The Office of Minority Health at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services is excited to announce that the Youth Health Equity Model of Practice (YHEMOP) Summer 2019 Health Equity Fellow Application is now available!
Through its YHEMOP program, OMH places students enrolled in higher education studies into short-term health equity fellowships to help meet the needs of diverse organizations. Continue reading “Summer Health Equity Fellowship”
The Association of Schools and Programs of Public Health is pleased to offer recent graduates from Council on Education for Public Health (CEPH)-accredited, ASPPH member schools and programs of public health an exciting opportunity to gain environmental health experience at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Applications are currently being accepted for the 2019 ASPPH/EPA Environmental Health Fellowship Program. The deadline to apply is 11:59 p.m. Eastern, February 20, 2019. Continue reading “ASPPH/EPA Environmental Health Fellowship Program–application now open”
The Taney County Health Department seeks a full-time, exempt, Director of Public Health. Serving residents and nearly six million visitors annually, the Taney County Health Department (TCHD) proudly serves Taney County, including the Branson area, through a variety of health, wellness, and safety programs. Creating opportunities for healthy lives within our community, TCHD first opened its doors in 1961 and is governed by an elected five-member board. Valuing learning and quality improvement, TCHD is an accredited LPHA through the Missouri Institute of Community Health (MICH) and was among the first 76 health departments in the nation to become nationally accredited by the Public Health Accreditation Board. Continue reading “Director of Public Health”
Opening Date: December 5, 2018
Closing Date: January 3, 2019
Expected Start Date: February 4, 2019
Employment Term: 12 months
Agency: West Virginia Department of Health, Charleston, WV 25301
Web Address: https://dhhr.wv.gov/oeps/Pages/default.aspx
Summary Statement: The Epidemiologist will work full-time, on-site for 12 months at the WV Office of Epidemiology and Prevention Services (OEPS)*. They will work in collaboration with other offices within the Bureau for Public Health and partners to complete the overdose assessment. Specifically, the Epidemiologist will direct the collection and analysis of data pertinent to vulnerability assessments that identify sub-regional areas at high risk for opioid overdoses as well as viral bloodborne pathogens associated with non-sterile drug injection. Continue reading “Epidemiologist II”
The Office of Assessment, Planning & Improvement within the Tacoma-Pierce County Health Department is recruiting for a Regular, Part-time (0.8 FTE), Epidemiologist I to work with a small group of colleagues to assist in providing epidemiological support, assessment, evaluation and analysis.
Some of what you’ll do:
- Assist with the collection of epidemiologically important data;
- Analyze the data using appropriate statistical methods;
- Perform library research and data searches;
- Design data collection tools;
- Assist with the presentation of the results of epidemiologic investigations and program evaluation results to community and professional forums;
- Educate program staff on data utilization for planning and evaluation;
- Prepare draft reports based on the analysis of collected data;
- Participate in the design and management of surveillance systems for diseases of public importance.
- Participate in the design and develop study methodologies and analysis requirements.
- Interact with a culturally diverse population of clients, educational institutions, governmental agencies, community-based coalitions, and departmental staff to collect epidemiologic data and communicate findings
Continue reading “Epidemiologist I”