Associate’s degree or equivalent; 3 years related experience.
Specific Job Related Duties:
- Assists with establishing and maintaining relationships with external partners and stakeholders (at the local, regional, and state level) for SPPH academic programs
- Oversees the utilization and maintenance of the online platform for the applied practice experience, Time2Track
- Manages MPH and MD/MPH student applied practice experiences, including facilitation of placements at external organizations/agencies, as well as the implementation, oversight, and technical assistance with the online management platform
- Facilitates the placement of medical students with external organizations and agencies for elective credit
- Coordinates scholarly projects between medical students and UTMB faculty for selective credit
- Manages the Public Health Scholarly Concentration for medical students (attending recruitment events, emailing student participants, tracking progress, and coordinating course registration)
- Provides updates related to Public Health Practice for SPPH social media and website
- Assists in planning and coordinating events related to public health practice, including the annual Public Health Symposium and other National Public Health Week events (every year in early April)
- Participates in SPPH Practice Committee and community-based committee activities, as appropriate.
Master of Public Health (MPH) or 5 years of experience in public health, non-profits, and/or academic environments
- Excellent writing and computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Ability to learn and use a variety of software programs (i.e. REDCap, Time2Track, Campus Solutions)
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Maintains open lines of communication and positive relationships with community partners, faculty, students, and staff
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in managing databases and capturing data for reporting purposes
- Excellent decision-making and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Commitment to advancing diversity and inclusion.
Salary range $41,476 to $51,845 to commensurate with experience.
View the full job description and apply online here.