Project Harmony exists to provide effective, immediate and sensitive support to child abuse victims and their non-offending family members. Project Harmony is committed to a vision with a focus on one goal: ending the cycle of child abuse and neglect. Project Harmony is one of the largest Child Advocacy Centers in the nation.
If you are looking for a place where you can make a difference in the life of a child, Project Harmony is looking for you. We are seeking an experienced and committed Program Manager to join our dynamic and innovative organization in the Connections program. This position is responsible for providing program development and management in new areas of Connections services: 1) outreach to providers and referral sources to ensure that Connections is meeting the needs of a culturally diverse clientele; 2) bilingual, immigrant and refugee children; and 3) “Young Adult” Connections (alternative education youth). This individual will supervise assigned Mental Health Coordinators, including the management of day-to-day tasks, review of requests for barrier reduction or linkage to funds and routine and crisis consultation on cases.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Hire and orient Mental Health Coordinators.
- Supervise Mental Health Coordinators, including providing and receiving feedback and completing performance reviews.
- Work with the Mental Health Coordinators to match children with providers.
- Work with the Mental Health Therapists to align staffing with referrals.
- Recruit and sustain the participation of bilingual and culturally diverse providers including interpreter services.
- Lead the startup and sustaining of Connections services in assigned schools.
- Establish supportive and routine contact with alternative and higher education programs.
- Participate in community initiatives in support of bilingual, immigrant and refugee families.
- Complete review of requests for funds to support children and families.
- Provide routine and crisis management of Mental Health Coordinator cases.
- Develop policies and procedures related to the operation of serving alternative and higher education programs.
- Adjust Mental Health Coordinator staffing as necessary to sustain referrals.
- Assist Clinical Director in planning evidence-based practice training to meet the needs of special populations.
- Maintain supportive contact with referral sources and providers.
- Provide input regarding training needed for referral sources, Mental Health Coordinators and Mental Health Therapists.
- Assist the Utilization and Resource Manager in compiling monthly reports regarding referrals.
- Oversee case files of the Mental Health Coordinators to ensure complete documentation.
- Assist in the negotiation of contracts.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training:
Master’s degree in social work, public administration or related field plus five (5) years of related experience required. Supervisory experience is required. Social Work degree preferred; bilingual (Spanish) preferred.
- Three to five (3-5) years of supervisory experience required.
- Previous mental health therapy experience required.
- Familiarity with all aspects of the Omaha mental health service system and operation.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledgeable of evidence-based practices, including prevention, early intervention, behavioral health and support services.
- Experience with third-party payment systems.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Access, as well as other software and databases.
- Understanding of behavioral health services.
- Stable, resilient and flexible under pressure
- Excellent organizational and decision-making skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to resolve conflicts.
- High level of initiative and energy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High level of professionalism.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Knowledge of local school systems and services available to children and youth.
- Knowledge of child welfare and mental health community providers.
- Program development and evaluation skills.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work well independently as well as part of a team.
- Must respect and maintain confidentiality.
|How to Apply / Contact|
|Please forward your resume and cover letter to Jane Wagar – email@example.com by no later than 12:00 p.m. on Friday, April 7, 2017.|