NE DHHS is seeking an American Indian Health Liaison
Examples of Work
- Manage contracts under the Native American Public Health Act (NAPHA) funding to ensure legislative priorities are met.
- Manage sub-awards under the Minority Health Initiative funding to ensure legislative requirements are met.
- Provide technical assistance to NAPHA contractors, Minority Health Initiative grantees, Nebraska’s Federally Recognized Tribes and community based organizations who primarily serve tribal populations in Nebraska.
- Helps with State-Tribe public health policy, practice, communication, data, planning, and other issues.
- Develops, oversees, and manages contracts and grants funded by State, Federal, and other sources.
- Conduct sub-recipient monitoring to sub-grantees to ensure state and federal awards are used for authorized purposes.
- Conducts workshops/presentations regarding health status of minority populations working in liaison with other staff internal and external to Nebraska Health and Human Services System (NDHHS).
- Build networks among public health stakeholders, especially those within Tribal communities, asses needs, and provides recommendations to Office of Health Disparities and Health Equity for programming suggestions.
- Liaison with tribes, Native American organizations and the Nebraska Commission on Indian Affairs.
REQUIREMENTS: Coursework/training in public administration, health sciences and experience in an agency organization with responsibility for planning, implementation, budgeting, monitoring, evaluating, and marketing a program or service.
PREFERRED: Bachelors degree in Public Health, or Health Sciences, Behavioral Health, Public Administration, Health Education or health related area. Coursework/training in program evaluation, statistics, or quantitative/qualitative research methods. Experience writing proposals for federal funding. Previous experience working with Tribal agencies and American Indian communities. Other: Valid driver’s license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation.
OTHER: Valid driver’s license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation. Travel required.
View the job description and apply online here.