New Fellow Friday: An Introduction

We are excited to welcome three new fellows to our UNMC Infectious Diseases program this month! Over the next few weeks, we will feature each new fellow in their own welcome post. But for now, we welcome Dr. Nabil Al-Kourainy, Dr. Catherine Cichon, and Dr. Timothy Jang to UNMC. Read on for a brief introduction.

Dr. Nabil Al-Kourainy

Hi, I’m Nabil Al-Kourainy former Chief Medical Resident, Clinical Assistant Professor and Academic Hospitalist at Wayne State University School of Medicine (WSU), published author and speaker. I am excited to start my journey as an infectious diseases fellow and candidate of the Health Educators and Leadership (HEAL) track at the University of Nebraska Medical Center!

Welcome Dr. Al-Kourainy!

Dr. Catherine Cichon

“I am excited to be joining the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC) as a first year Infectious Disease fellow! I will spend the next few years learning about disorders caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi, and parasites, the people affected by them, and the medications that treat them.

Dr. Cichon completed her combined Internal Medicine and Pediatrics residency at the University of California San Diego (UCSD).

Welcome Dr. Cichon!

Dr. Timothy Jang

“I am excited to be starting out as an infectious diseases fellow at the University of Nebraska Medical Center! I will be taking care of patients on both an inpatient and outpatient basis, under the guidance of a fantastic team of seasoned infectious diseases clinicians.”

Dr. Jang completed his residency training in Internal Medicine at Wright State University in Dayton, Ohio.

Welcome to the program Dr. Jang!

Stay tuned in the coming weeks to learn more about these new additions to UNMC ID.