Deadline: May 26
The Office of Health Equity of the California Department of Public Health seeks a research scientist experienced in epidemiology/biostatistics or social/behavioral sciences to lead research investigating the health impacts of the implementation of the ground-breaking California Global Warming Solutions Act of 2006 (AB 32). AB 32 requires a reduction of greenhouse gas emissions, setting the stage for a transition to a sustainable, low-carbon future.
The Research Scientist IV will provide epidemiological and analytical leadership and support for the California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Office of Health Equity regarding the implementation of AB 32 and climate change and health adaptation.
The epidemiologist in this position will be the lead technical advisor for the Climate Action Team (CAT) Public Health Workgroup that addresses cross-cutting issues related to climate change and health (both mitigation and adaptation). This position will lead research on climate-related health impacts, especially focusing on disadvantaged communities. Health equity is a central function of the work in this position. An ideal candidate would have a strong background in environmental epidemiology and/or social vulnerability to climate effects.
The Office of Health Equity encourages applications from researchers from historically underrepresented communities.
The position is based in Richmond, California, in the San Francisco Bay Area (Contra Costa County).
SALARY RANGES: $6865 – $8593 per month
Research Scientist IV, Richmond Link
Office of Health Equity, Health Research Statistics Unit
How to Apply
– In order to apply to the Research Scientist IV you will first need to create a CalCareer account at https://jobs.ca.gov
– Log in and search for the open vacancy (see above links)
– Apply online by submitting the necessary application materials (see job posting for required application materials)
– Note, you will need to confirm you are eligible (see below for information about how to become eligible)
– Please be sure to review the Class Specifications for the Research Scientist job classification, including minimum qualifications for RSIV (click here: http://www.calhr.ca.gov/state-hr-professionals/pages/5576.aspx).
– PLEASE NOTE THAT THE FINAL FILLING DATE FOR APPLYING TO THIS POSITION IS THURSDAY, May 26,2016
Research Scientist IV – Open Examination (General Information)
– The examination consists of a Qualifications Application, which will be sent you if you meet entrance requirements for this examination (including meeting minimum qualifications for education and experience).
– You will need to submit a completed Employment Application (Std. 678 form), found here: https://jobs.ca.gov/pdf/std678.pdf
– For additional details about the classification and eligibility, etc.—please see the Examination Bulletin: http://www.cdph.ca.gov/services/jobs/Documents/ResearchScientist/Research%20Scientist%20IV%20Various%202-2-16.pdf
– Once you submit your exam, the State will score your materials, and if you score high enough, then you will be placed on the State’s list. Only those who are on the list are eligible to apply for any position vacancies.