Deadline: until filled
Heartland Family Service is seeking a Program Coordinator for their Iowa Family Works initiative. HFS is committed to building a culture that is trauma informed and values and celebrates diversity and inclusion. They believe this allows for better service delivery and innovation, as it encourages our employees to bring various experiences and uniqueness to the workplace.
Trauma Informed Care is an approach to engaging people with histories of trauma that recognizes the presence of trauma symptoms and acknowledges the role that trauma has played in their lives. Trauma Informed Care also acknowledges the effects of working with trauma survivors on our workforce, and seeks to build collaborative and supportive working environments and relationships.
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION OF WORK:
The Program Coordinator will serve as the onsite supervisor for direct care staff in a residential dual diagnosis treatment facility that serves women and their children. This position provides supervision and support to staff and the residents as well as coordination of services for the families. The Program Coordinator will be part of the team that provides education and support programming for women, their children and family members.
- Performs other program related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in human services, psychology, social work, sociology or a related field
- 3 or more year’s experience in related field including residential services or a Master’s Degree
- Alcohol/drug abuse/Mental Health experience preferred
- Valid driver’s license/ acceptable driving record
View the full job description and application instructions online here.