Mindy J. Dickinson, OD, of Midwest Eye Care, PC, presented at Family Medicine Grand Rounds on Wednesday, December 16 at Eppley Science Hall.
Dr. Dickinson specializes in routine and problem-focused eye examinations, pediatric eye care, urgent eye care, and pre- and post-operative examinations.
The topic, “Eye Problems found in Primary Care”, explored several objectives for physicians including:
- What clinical history do you need to gather
- Components of ocular exam
- Learn simple steps with regards to symptoms and signs to tentatively diagnose problem
- What is first line of intervention/treatment
- Who needs referred and how quickly
The next Grand Rounds presentation will be held on Wednesday, January 13, at Eppley Science Hall from 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm.