Jack’s Links Protein Snacks is seeking a Safety Manager at the Underwood, IA location.
Jack Link’s Protein Snacks began with treasured family recipes passed from generation to generation, transforming a small North Woods business into one of the fastest-growing meat snack manufacturers in the world. Over the years, as consumer demand for convenient, high-quality snack foods increased, so has the company’s product offerings. Today Jack Link’s is the fastest-growing meat snack manufacturer in the world, and sells more than 100 different meat snack products in more than 40 countries. The Link family principles and traditions remain the same: hard work, integrity and a commitment to earn consumer respect by delivering the best-tasting meat snacks in the world.
Works with colleagues, supervisors and managers to implement all elements of the Safety Links program to ensure compliance with OSHA safety regulations and to preserve worker health and safety. Closely monitors worker compliance and accident statistics and implements corrections as needed. Responsible for ensuring that the Underwood facility exceeds OSHA safety standards.
- Work with DC Management to implement all aspects of the company safety program.
- Ensure compliance with all OSHA and other Federal, State and Local safety rules and regulations
- Conduct hazard analysis, compliance and safety audits at the DC
- Lead a facility wide behavioral based safety program
- Create strategies that build awareness and create enthusiasm around safety
- Assist Corporate Safety Director with implementation of company-wide safety programs
- Create, deliver, train and audit team members on important and required safety topics
- Educate department managers, supervisors and leads on safety topics so they are able to deliver safety training and coaching in their respective departments.
- Work with managers and supervisors to identify root causes of work related injuries and illnesses and implement methods to eliminate causes.
- Serve as company safety committee champion.
- Attend training and seminars on current Health and Safety regulations and Programs.
- Work with human resources to coordinate return to work and light duty.
- Identify training needs for team members on light duty, who are working in a different capacity than their normal full duty job.
- Interact with injured team members in a positive way to assess their recovery and return to full duty.
- Counsel team members on Safety rules, policies, procedures, etc.
- Assist supervisors and managers with team member counseling and discipline related to unsafe acts
- Provide the resources, education and tools to empower leads, supervisors and managers to take responsibility for safety.
- Develop or prepare safety work rules, policies, procedures, etc.
- Suggest improvements to existing programs; continuously improve the quality of all support activities.
- Evaluates site processes and equipment to determine controls needed to keep workers safe. Safety measures may include engineering controls such as barrier and ventilation, personal protective gear, equipment safety and compliance.
- Conducts monthly inspections and random safety audits as warranted. Works with Leadership to correct any deficiencies.
- Develop Goals and Objectives which positively impact Workers Safety and Health and make recommendations to enhance current Safety Programs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of distribution center models and logistics processes
- Thorough understanding of safety rules, written company safety programs and regulations as well as OSHA standards
- Ability to communicate professionally with people both inside and outside the organization
- Excellent problem solving skill
- Strong time management skills and ability to Multi-Task
- High level of self-confidence, flexibility, integrity and honesty
- First Responder Certified; First Aid, CPR and AED
- Train the Trainer Certified from OSHA or an approved Training Station for: Forklift, Pallet Tractor, Stock Picker and Scissor Lift are required. Must verify by current license.
Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, high school diploma or GED required;
- 3 years experience in safety related position; 2 years as Safety Manager
- Completion of 10 and 30 hours OSHA safety training for Industry required; must be able to verify certification at interview
- Equivalent combination of education and experience
View the full job description and apply online here.