Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services is seeking an Eligibility Program Specialist to join our Medicaid and Long-Term Care Division! If you have experience in interpreting federal and state regulations and laws, have good writing and speaking skills, and have experience in health policy, this may be the job for you!
This position is federally funded and may be governed by the Federal Hatch Act. Click here to review the Act.
- Research, review, analyze and interpret federal regulations and laws, state laws and their administrative requirements to formulate appropriate policies, procedures and interpretations for Medicaid and Long-Term Care.
- Research, review, analyze and report on federal regulations, state laws and administrative requirements that may affect an assigned program for intent and meaning and to formulate appropriate changes in State policies and procedures.
- Draft, develop and implement policy, procedure and program regulations related to assigned program(s) and ensures staff and service providers are working with uniform guidelines by evaluating and coordinating program policies and regulations.
- Write reports, position papers, impact statements and other documents to formulate policy material to cover specific areas of a health and human services program(s) by conducting research and meeting with other department staff, representatives of other agencies and health and/or human service providers.
- Communicate policy guidance professionally and courteously for internal and external customers in a timely manner.
- Establish and maintain liaison with State and federal governmental agencies and local community groups involved with program(s) activities and/or functions.
- Develop and prepare for submission required federal and state reporting documents and related forms.
REQUIREMENTS: Bachelors degree, or equivalent coursework/training, in public administration, social/behavioral sciences, healthcare, human services or other program related field. Professional experience working in a human/social service or health care agency with responsibility for planning or evaluation services, programs or operational policies and practices may substitute in lieu of the educational requirement.
PREFERRED: Experience in state health policy or working in state government. Strong writing and analytical experience desired. Ability to read, write, interpret and understand federal and state laws, regulations, and guidance.
View the full job description and apply online here.