Deadline: for Spring semester, with possibility of extension
The American Red Cross is seeking an Intern, Disaster Services. This is a Paid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Omaha, NE.
The candidate selected for this position must be self-directed and have capacity to work in a highly technological environment in the absence of daily supervision. (Letter of recommendation may be required.)
This position will have primary focus on division level (across 10states) disaster capacity building, with emphasis on New Madrid Response Plan updates, a readiness planning project, and continuity of operations planning.
• A junior or senior level undergraduate or master’s level.
• Public Health, Project Management, Health Education, Community Health, Public Policy, Political Science, Emergency Management, Social Work or comparable.
Required and Preferred Skills:
• Proven writing skills (writing sample will be required)
• Mastery of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, with proficient ability to learn technological systems quickly.
• Must have demonstrated leadership skills and competencies, as well as high-level organizational and communication skills. Must be able to take direction and employ initiative to accomplish assigned task, and be able to work with a team.
• Ability to be flexible in a fast-paced environment.
• Familiarity with emergency continuity and response planning a plus.
• No language requirements.
• Rare opportunity to support high-level emergency response planning, working directly with the Division Disaster Executive. Position will engage in research, response plan review, response plan writing (with a template), and analysis.
• Review New Madrid Response Plan against documented guidance; Document updates based upon research and
Candidates will be considered for the late February – May with possibility of extension.
• 20-25 hours/week
View the full job description and apply online here.