Examples of Work
• registration of generally licensed radioactive material devices
• registration and approval of training for persons registered to provide services to x-ray registrants such as device installation and repair, shield adequacy reviews and consultations
• Serves on an emergency response team to respond to any radiological incident in the state
• Designs, builds, modifies and maintains the Access database systems used in the programs in the Office of Radiological Health.
• Coordinates the development and update of the radiation rules and regulatory guidance documents
• Interprets and applies State laws, rules and governing the use of radiation
• Provides training, consultation and technical advice on radiological health matters such as environmental sampling
• Prepares reports and correspondence containing information for compliance with appropriate laws, rules and regulations to minimize exposure to radiation
• Performs special projects as assigned.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Experience in office, administrative, technical, or support work; or in identifying budget, staff, or equipment needs; or in collecting and interpreting statistical, financial, program, or administrative data; or in interpreting laws, rules, regulations, and processes; or in reviewing and evaluating administrative records and reports; or in supervising office or technical staff.
• Post high school coursework/training in: administration, management, accounting, finance, planning, policy analysis, administrative/management analysis, operations research, program evaluation, or similar fields.
And we would prefer if you had the following qualifications and experience:
• Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent post high school coursework/training in radiological health, physical or life sciences, occupational health and safety or other program related field
• Proficiency in Microsoft Access
• Availability to call back to respond to any radiological emergencies
• Experience with conducting activities in a radiological or regulatory program
Other: Valid Driver’s License is required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities