Register now for SciComm 2016, a free two day conference on effective science communication! The conference will take place September 23-24 in Lincoln, NE.
This year’s conference will include:
- A broader impacts workshop from the National Alliance for Broader Impacts
- Science Night Live!, a public outreach event in The Railyard, downtown Lincoln
- A SciComm symposium, featuring:
- Plenary from Tiffany Heng-Moss, Associate Dean of the College of Agricultural Sciences and Natural Resources
- Keynote from TED speaker Melissa Marshall!
- Speakers from physics, biology, chemistry, museums, sociology, and K-12, describing numerous aspects of science communication–including innovative approaches, best practices, strategies for teaching controversial topics, and sociopsychological challenges to science engagement
- More networking opportunities with science communicators from around the country at a poster session/cocktail hour at the Nebraska State Museum and optional group dinners
Registration is FREE for the broader impacts workshop and Science Night Live!; a $20 fee for the symposium includes lunch, snacks, and swag.