The International Student Association is hosting International Week November 7-11 with a variety of activities. Learn how to make a kite, enjoy a snack, and learn about other countries or cheer on your favorite athlete at the ping-pong and badminton tournaments.
The line-up for the week includes:
- Nov. 7 – Traditional Wear Day. Everyone is encouraged to wear traditional outfits that represent their cultural background. All day long.
- Nov. 8 – Rangoli Day. Come to the UNMC ice skating rink to color in your home country on a large map of the world. Snacks will be provided. 12-2 p.m.
- Nov. 9 – Learn how to make a kite and fly it on the grassy area of the student plaza, weather permitting. 12-2 p.m.
- Nov. 10 – Cultural diversity day. Volunteers will set up tables and display artifacts and crafts from their home country on the second floor of the Sorrell Center. Snacks provided. 12-2 p.m.
- Nov. 11 – Closing Ceremony- Intramural Ping-Pong and Badminton tournament at the Center for Healthy Living. Pizza, fruit, water and prizes will be provided. 5- 7:30 p.m.
Please register for the tournament by November 9.