On October 13, the McGoogan Library will present an inside look at the publishing process from those who know it best — the publishers and editors.
Register for the sessions in which you are interested or watch the live-stream webcast from anywhere. (The archived links will be made available to registrants.) If you can’t attend in-person or online, you can register to receive the archived videos.
Seminars will be held throughout the day, but a special session will be held from 5pm-7pm that is geared to students and early career professionals. FREE FOOD will be provided for the in-person event.
Knowing the best way to structure your scientific paper, identify the most appropriate journal, and understand the peer review process is critical to getting your work published. Attend this workshop and learn best practices from Elsevier’s publishing experts. Topics to be addressed in this session will include but are not limited to the following:
- Overview of the scholarly publishing landscape
- How best to structure a manuscript for submission
- Targeting the “right” journal for submission
- Overview of the editorial process (Submission to Acceptance/Rejection)
- Responding to reviewer comments
- Publishing ethics
- Promoting one’s research
- Stefanie Jewell-Thomas – Executive Publisher, Health Sciences, Elsevier
- Stacy Masucci – Senior Acquisitions Editor (Books), Elsevier
- Vindra Dass – Publisher, Health Sciences, Elsevier
For more information or to ask questions, please contact Heather Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.