It was a BIG weekend for Clinical Perfusion! Our student, Robert Ledbetter, won “Best Student Presentation” at the 52nd Annual International Conference of the American Society of Extracorporeal Technology (AmSECT) in San Diego, CA, for his research presentation: “Evaluating the need for a ‘clear and colorless’ effluent in a cell saver’s wash cycle.” Also, MDCP alumnus Tom Steffens won “Best Poster Presentation.”
Jodi Parrack has joined the SAHP as an Accountant III. She spent the last six years in Internal Medicine as a Financial and Clinical Analyst. Here, in her own words, are some facts about Jodi:
- I have a 21-yr-old daughter, Brittany, (from previous marriage) and she has an almost 2-year-old daughter, August.
- My husband, Tom, and I have an 11 year old daughter, Ryleigh.
- I also have three (grown and married) step-children, and 8 “step” grandchildren
- I like to participate in mud/obstacle course runs. For my 40th birthday I went to Minnesota to run the Warrior Dash.
- I am excited to start this new adventure and look forward to working with all of you!
Welcome, Jodi! We’re happy to have you on the team.
Posted on behalf of Kyle Meyer:
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Stephanie M. Vas, BS, R.T.(R)(CT)(MR), to the position of director, magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) program, in the College of Medicine, School of Allied Health Professions.
Ms. Vas, originally from Ansley, Nebraska, received her Bachelor degree in Radiation Science Technology from UNMC. She is licensed medical radiographer and holds American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) certifications in radiography, computed tomography, and magnetic resonance imaging.
Ms. Vas was previously employed as a MRI technologist at the Nebraska Medical Center, where she continues to practice. She joined the School of Allied Health Professions in 2011 as the clinical coordinator for the CT & MRI programs, and has served in the capacity of interim program director since August of 2013.
The MRI program at UNMC is one of only six such programs nation-wide to have attained accreditation by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology (JR-CERT).
Please join me in welcoming Ms. Vas to her new role.
Kyle P. Meyer, PhD, PT
Senior Associate Dean
School of Allied Health Professions