UNMC_Acronym_Vert_sm_4c
University of Nebraska Medical Center

Welcome new faculty: Amber Lickert

Amber Lickert, MPS, CCP, LP, is an assistant professor in our clinical perfusion education program. Here’s more about Amber in her own words:

“I grew up in Carter Lake, IA and first began my journey in the UN/Nebraska Medicine system when I was 18 years old. During undergraduate school at the University of Nebraska Omaha, I worked as a patient care technician at Nebraska Medicine which fueled my desire to pursue perfusion science.

Following graduation with a Bachelor of Science degree in biology at UNO, I attended the Cleveland Clinic’s School of Cardiovascular Perfusion program. I then worked at the Cleveland Clinic as a certified clinical perfusionist for three years before returning to Omaha.

Now, as a UNMC graduate of clinical perfusion education’s degree advancement option program, and a certified clinical perfusionist at Nebraska Medicine, I am honored to have the opportunity to serve our clinical perfusion students.

My husband Matt and I have two children, Ellie and Christian, and enjoy spending time together traveling, camping, cooking, boating, and sitting by the fire.”