In response to the ongoing pandemic, the Society on NeuroImmune Pharmacology (SNIP) is planning a virtual COVID-19 workshop that is FREE and open to SNIP members and non-members alike. UNMC will be facilitating the workshop via Zoom.
Workshop date: April 9
Workshop time: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. (CST)
Registration link (RSVP):
Deadline for abstracts: March 12
Further instructions on submitting abstracts to the virtual workshop can be found here. Accepted abstracts will be published by SNIP’s official journal, the Journal of Neuroimmune Pharmacology.
Jennifer Larsen, MD, Vice Chancellor for Research, will lead a virtual grant writing “bootcamp” from 8 AM to 11 AM on Friday, November 6, 2020.
New and early-stage investigators, as well as students and administrators, must register online through NuRamp for this event, a confirmation email with the zoom link will be sent to registrants.
The boot camp will give attendees a broad overview and the basics of grant writing, with a focus on helping early investigators who are just beginning to apply for federal funding.
Topics discussed throughout the morning will include:
- Finding and using resources for grant preparation and submission;
- A review of common grant elements;
- Principles of good grant-writing and grantsmanship;
- Understanding grant budget basics; and
- Timelines and required processes.
Speakers will include:
- Jennifer Larsen, M.D., vice chancellor for research;
- Howard Fox, M.D., Ph.D., professor and senior associate dean for research, College of Medicine; and
- Bethany DeCarolis, assistant director of sponsored programs administration.
Contact Max Kuenstling, with any questions related to this event.
Every fall, UNeMed and UNMC’s Vice Chancellor Office for Research sponsors Innovation & Research Week, a popular series of events intended to celebrate and promote innovation and research at UNMC.
This year, Innovation Week will enter its 14th year as an all-virtual series of events. The week will begin Monday, Oct. 26, with an expert panel discussion at noon, and then culminate on Thursday, Oct. 29, with the awards ceremony. Events descriptions and schedules can be found here.