The UNMC Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research will host a virtual Research Town Hall webinar on Friday, May 14, from 11 a.m.-noon, to provide researchers with a status update on the following:
- Masking and social distancing in research spaces;
- Summer Undergraduate Research Program students and caveats;
- Other volunteers and international scholars;
- New National Institutes of Health “Biosketch” and “Other” support pages;
- COVID related research forms and processes; and
- New IRB fees.
The town hall will be held via a Zoom Webinar. A recording of the webinar can be found here.
NCIBC sponsored workshop May 19, 2021 from 8:30 am – 5:00 pm. Click here for additional information and to register.
Federal agencies continue to evolve the disclosure requirements designed to mitigate improper influence in federally funded research, with particular attention to disclosures regarding foreign involvement. On 12 march 2021, NIH issued a notice, which set forth new requirements in the form of updated, reorganized forms and instructions for the Biosketch and Other Support documents. The changes are substantial in order to promote transparency and full disclosure of all resource – both domestic and foreign – supporting an individual’s research endeavors. Read the complete changes here.