Join the American Cancer Society Cancer Action Network (ACS CAN) for their 2021 Nebraska Cancer Research Forum on Oct. 27 from 12:00 p.m.-1:00 p.m. Registration is required to attend: https://www.fightcancer.org/events/2021-acs-can-nebraska-cancer-research-forum
The ACS CAN Nebraska Cancer Research Forum is a premiere event that brings together leaders from the business, education, medical, government and research communities to advance the work of ACS CAN. The event not only unites those in Nebraska who are fighting to end cancer, it serves to support ACS CAN and its work.
The goal of the forum is to discuss the promise and potential of clinical trials in helping to impact the fight against disease particularly people living with cancer. Clinical trials are the key step in advancing potential new treatments for cancer patients from the research lab to the clinic, and patient participation in trials is crucial to their success. Successfully overcoming barriers to patient enrollment, including addressing health equity concerns requires not only understanding the issues, but developing specific steps to overcome these barriers.
The following individuals are currently scheduled to speak at the event:
- Christopher J. Kratochvil, M.D., Global Center for Health Security Distinguished Chair, Associate Vice Chancellor for Clinical Research, UNMC, Vice President for Research, Nebraska Medicine, Chief Medical Officer, UNeHealth
- Matthew Lunning, DO, FACP, Associate Professor, Internal Medicine Division of Oncology & Hematology, UNMC, Associate Vice Chair of Research for the Department of Internal Medicine and Medical Director of the Clinical Research Center (CRC)
- Mark Fleury, PHD, Principal, Policy Development – Emerging Science, ACS CAN
- Heidi Mesik, Alliance Director, PhRMA
- Michele Ulmer, Breast Cancer Survivor and Registered Nurse at York Medical Clinic
- Dee Humm, Healthcare Director at Genentech and ACS CAN Nebraska Volunteer
Event Moderator: Carmen Chinchilla Gutiérrez, Nebraska Oncology Society
For more information, please contact Matt Prokop, ACS CAN Nebraska Grassroots Manager at email@example.com or 402-826-7494