Tami Ritsema, MPH, MMSc, PA-C, had a recent publication, “Doctor Satisfaction with the Physician Associate Role,” in Clinical Medicine: The Journal of the Royal College of Physicians. This is the first article to survey doctors in Britain about their experiences with the new PA role there.
Erin Hoffman from the Physician Assistant program published in the official journal of the Association of Family Practice Physician Assistants:
Hoffman E. Fever in the Young Infant, Advance for NPs & PAs, Mar 2014
Kim Michael and Kate Wampler from the Diagnostic Medical Sonography program:
Michael K, Wampler K, Shostrom VK, Boals M, Anderson JC. A Retrospective Analysis of Abdominal Competency Scores to Improve Clinical Education in a Sonography Program. Journal of Diagnostic Medical Sonography, Apr 2014.
Corri Hanson from the Medical Nutrition Education program recently published two articles:
Hanson, C; Rutten, E; Wouters, E; Rennard, S. Influence of Diet and Obesity on COPD Development and Outcomes. International Journal of Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease 2014; 9:1-11.
Anderson-Berry, A; Thoene, M; Lyden, E; Dugick, L; Ruybal, L; Hanson, C. Acidification of Human Milk Fortifier for Low Birth Weight Infants Associated With Poor Growth and Acidosis. Neonatology Today 2014;8(3) 1-8.
Congratulations to our outstanding faculty!
Jodi Parrack has joined the SAHP as an Accountant III. She spent the last six years in Internal Medicine as a Financial and Clinical Analyst. Here, in her own words, are some facts about Jodi:
- I have a 21-yr-old daughter, Brittany, (from previous marriage) and she has an almost 2-year-old daughter, August.
- My husband, Tom, and I have an 11 year old daughter, Ryleigh.
- I also have three (grown and married) step-children, and 8 “step” grandchildren
- I like to participate in mud/obstacle course runs. For my 40th birthday I went to Minnesota to run the Warrior Dash.
- I am excited to start this new adventure and look forward to working with all of you!
Welcome, Jodi! We’re happy to have you on the team.