Welcome new staff: Shayla Keim

Shayla Keim

Shayla Keim recntly joined our physician assistant program in Kearney as clinical education associate. Here’s more about Shayla in her own words:

I was born in Kearney, Neb, and was raised in Elm Creek for most of my childhood. My family relocated to Pleasanton in 2012 and that is where I completed my high school education. Growing up we were always riding horses, four wheelers, or gone for sports activities.

I am a cosmetologist by trade, which led me to become the campus director for three years at Joseph’s College in Kearney. This placement was where my love for working in an educational setting came from.

I have two little boys, aged four and five years old. My oldest is currently in preschool and my youngest will start in preschool this coming August. They keep me so incredibly busy, and I would not choose to have it any other way. We currently reside in Pleasanton, Neb, where my boys will/are attending school. Our family loves to be active in our free time. Whether it is attending sports activities, riding around on four wheelers or side-by-sides, or just simply enjoying nice weather days outside in the yard, we are always finding fun things to do.

I am very happy and excited to be a part of UNMC.