Sara Bills, PT, DPT, GCS, joined our Division of Physical Therapy Education faculty. She also recently published this article about an inspiring patient for whom she cared. Below are some facts about Sara, in her own words:
- I live in Lincoln with my husband, Charlie, and two children, where we are blessed with three sets of grandparents to help manage everyone’s busy schedules.
- My 6-year old son started Kindergarten this year and I am amazed at how much he has learned. My 2-year old daughter attends Montessori school and is blossoming into a curious, independent little girl.
- I received my DPT from UNMC in 2004 and have been working at Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital in Lincoln since that time, specializing in geriatrics and complex medical patients. I am eager to join the faculty and teach in the areas of cardiopulmonary and integumentary.
- In my spare time, I enjoy cooking and exercising with my family. I am always looking for new healthy recipes!
Welcome, Sara, and congratulations on your article!
It was a BIG weekend for Clinical Perfusion! Our student, Robert Ledbetter, won “Best Student Presentation” at the 52nd Annual International Conference of the American Society of Extracorporeal Technology (AmSECT) in San Diego, CA, for his research presentation: “Evaluating the need for a ‘clear and colorless’ effluent in a cell saver’s wash cycle.” Also, MDCP alumnus Tom Steffens won “Best Poster Presentation.”
Jodi Parrack has joined the SAHP as an Accountant III. She spent the last six years in Internal Medicine as a Financial and Clinical Analyst. Here, in her own words, are some facts about Jodi:
- I have a 21-yr-old daughter, Brittany, (from previous marriage) and she has an almost 2-year-old daughter, August.
- My husband, Tom, and I have an 11 year old daughter, Ryleigh.
- I also have three (grown and married) step-children, and 8 “step” grandchildren
- I like to participate in mud/obstacle course runs. For my 40th birthday I went to Minnesota to run the Warrior Dash.
- I am excited to start this new adventure and look forward to working with all of you!
Welcome, Jodi! We’re happy to have you on the team.