Students now have more freedom in the library to scribble, doodle, and notate. Just in time for the start of school, five rolling white boards are ready for student use. The boards stand over four feet high and offer 1900 square inches of writing space.
While the library is assessing its space (you’ll notice all of our books and journals have been compressed to the stacks on 7th floor), these white boards afford flex space opportunities for students to turn exposed carrels and tables into private study spaces.
Three times larger than the boards that used to be available in the study rooms, these new boards are ideal for group study sessions as well.
So go ahead, roll them around to your favorite library nook or cranny. This is one study buddy you can rely on to help keep you organized this year.
By Dawn Wilson
An E-book collection of McGraw-Hill First Aid Medical Test Prep books is now available to all UNMC faculty, staff, and students. The collection allows for unlimited users and features both on-and-off campus access.
The titles in this collection can be accessed and read online on a title-by-title basis through the Helix Library Catalog, the E-books A-Z list, or the Online Resources A-Z list.
The titles included in the collection are:
- First Aid for the Absite
- First Aid for the Anesthesiology Boards
- First Aid for the Basic Sciences , General Principles
- First Aid for the Basic Sciences , Organ Systems
- First Aid for the COMLEX
- First Aid for the Emergency Medicine Boards
- First Aid for the Emergency Medicine Clerkship
- First Aid for the Internal Medicine Boards – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Match , 5th Ed
- First Aid for the Medicine Clerkship , 3rd Ed
- First Aid for the NBDE Part 1 – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the NBDE Part 2 – 1st Ed
- First Aid for the Neurology Boards
- First Aid for the Obstetrics and Gynecology Clerkship – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Orthopaedic Boards – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Pediatric Boards – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Pediatrics Clerkship – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Psychiatry Boards
- First Aid for the Psychiatry Clerkship – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Surgery Clerkship – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Wards – 4th Ed
- First Aid Q and A for the NBDE Part I
- First Aid Radiology for the Wards
If you are graduating and will soon be leaving UNMC, you can take your RefWorks account with you through the RefWorks Alumni Program. The new account includes access to RefWorks, RefShare, and Write-n-Cite. The Alumni Program accounts do not include “Check for UNMC full-text” buttons, so if you will be staying at UNMC, you should not switch to this account.
To get an Alumni account:
- Contact Cindy Schmidt (firstname.lastname@example.org, 402-559-7077 or toll free at 1-866-800-5209) to request instructions for creating your Alumni Program account.
- Please provide information about your dates of attendance and program affiliation.
- Cindy will need to verify this information before she can send you instructions for establishing an account.
For more information, see the RefWorks Tips, Tricks, and Guides page.