An E-book collection of McGraw-Hill First Aid Medical Test Prep books is now available to all UNMC faculty, staff, and students. The collection allows for unlimited users and features both on-and-off campus access.
The titles in this collection can be accessed and read online on a title-by-title basis through the Helix Library Catalog, the E-books A-Z list, or the Online Resources A-Z list.
The titles included in the collection are:
- First Aid for the Absite
- First Aid for the Anesthesiology Boards
- First Aid for the Basic Sciences , General Principles
- First Aid for the Basic Sciences , Organ Systems
- First Aid for the COMLEX
- First Aid for the Emergency Medicine Boards
- First Aid for the Emergency Medicine Clerkship
- First Aid for the Internal Medicine Boards – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Match , 5th Ed
- First Aid for the Medicine Clerkship , 3rd Ed
- First Aid for the NBDE Part 1 – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the NBDE Part 2 – 1st Ed
- First Aid for the Neurology Boards
- First Aid for the Obstetrics and Gynecology Clerkship – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Orthopaedic Boards – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Pediatric Boards – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Pediatrics Clerkship – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Psychiatry Boards
- First Aid for the Psychiatry Clerkship – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Surgery Clerkship – 2nd Ed
- First Aid for the Wards – 4th Ed
- First Aid Q and A for the NBDE Part I
- First Aid Radiology for the Wards
If you are graduating and will soon be leaving UNMC, you can take your RefWorks account with you through the RefWorks Alumni Program. The new account includes access to RefWorks, RefShare, and Write-n-Cite. The Alumni Program accounts do not include “Check for UNMC full-text” buttons, so if you will be staying at UNMC, you should not switch to this account.
To get an Alumni account:
- Contact Cindy Schmidt (email@example.com, 402-559-7077 or toll free at 1-866-800-5209) to request instructions for creating your Alumni Program account.
- Please provide information about your dates of attendance and program affiliation.
- Cindy will need to verify this information before she can send you instructions for establishing an account.
For more information, see the RefWorks Tips, Tricks, and Guides page.
Not in the library, but want to know if a study room is available? Now you can check availability through the library’s mobile website.
The site takes you to a live listing of study room keys in our catalog. If a study room is available, it will be indicated as “Available” in the Call# column.
Please note that there is no guarantee of availability or access to a specific room. This page is live and a room may not be available by the time you arrive in the library and “due date” times may not indicate future availability, as rooms can be renewed.
Rooms are only available to UNMC faculty, students, and staff.
Effective January 1, 2011, the cost for binding dissertations and theses will increase from $10 per copy to $15 per copy. Houchen Bindery will begin billing all customers for stamping the title and author information on the front cover. Because thesis and dissertation titles include custom text and are often long, cover preparation is expensive for the bindery. Unfortunately, neither the bindery nor the library is able to absorb the added cost and as a result, the increase must be passed on to the student author. For questions, please contact Sheryl Williams (firstname.lastname@example.org).
A new feature has been added to the Exam Master Online system: Flashcards. You will find this feature available once you log in to your account, in the list of buttons on the left. Simply select “Flashcards” and you will find the ability to create individual flashcards and also file them into flashcard groups. The amount of flashcards you can create is unlimited. You have the ability to create, edit, and view your flashcards. There is a help file readily available to guide you through the process. You can also convert any of your study notes into a flashcard. You will see a new option at the bottom of your study note to “Make this note a flashcard”.
Exam Master is available to the UNMC Faculty, Students, and Staff. It includes practice exams for the USMLE, Specialty Boards (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, General Pediatrics, and SPEX), PANCE, NAPLEX, NBDE Part 1, and NCLEX-RN, as well as general review exams for medical students in a variety of subjects (anatomy, biochemistry, cytology and histology, internal and clinical medicine, microbiology, pathology, physiology, and psychiatry).