Welcome new faculty: Alisha Wright

Alisha Wright recently joined our radiography and computed tomography faculty. Here’s more about Alisha in her own words:

I am originally from Tilden, Neb. My path to radiography was a little longer than average because I decided to play college volleyball and attended Northeast Community College in Norfolk, Neb, as well as Concordia University in Seward before attending the radiography program at UNMC where I graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree in Radiation Science Technology in 2004.

From there I moved to Kearney, NE and began working as a radiographer at Good Samaritan Hospital where I remained for 16 years. For the last 8 years at CHI Health Good Samaritan, I was a clinical instructor to two groups of radiography students. With the desire to become a better clinical instructor, I began taking Health Professions Teaching and Technology (HPTT) courses through UNMC in 2015 and graduated with my master’s in July of 2020.

Using the experiences that I gained as a clinical instructor, combined with the information that I learned in the HPTT program, I am looking forward to my new role as Assistant Professor and Clinical Education Coordinator for Radiography and CT in Kearney.

In my free time, I love to spend time with my husband, Jeremy, who works for a farmer in Kearney, our two children, Natalee and Nolen and our Chesapeake Bay Retriever puppy, Mia. I also love to read, watch my children play sports, and watch NE volleyball.