Welcome new faculty: Sara Fisher

Sara Fisher, MS, LCGC, is the new assistant professor and assistant program director for Genetic Counseling. She has been working at UNMC for the last 14 years as a clinical genetic counselor, primarily seeing prenatal patients in the Olson Center for Women’s Health.

In her own words:

“This new position is a great merge of working with patients half of my time and working with future genetic counseling colleagues in the Genetic Counseling Education Program. I am very excited to be teaching on a more routine basis and get to know the many new faces at CAHP!

When I am not at work, my family and I are busy with kid activities and church. I met my husband through a young adult Catholic group when I moved back to the area in 2004 and we have been married since 2007. We have three great kids ages 8, 6 and 3 who keep us busy and on our toes. As a family we love to travel and spend lots of time outside. Our favorite family trip so far was to Yellowstone National Park this last summer and we have many more national parks on our wish list. When I am not running kids to activities I enjoy reading books by Clive Cussler and Mary Higgins Clark and walks with our dog, Gabby.”

1 comment

1. Holly Zimmerman says:

I look forward to working with Sara more closely! She brings a wealth of clinical experiences and a passion for genetic counseling education.