Effective January 1, 2011, the cost for binding dissertations and theses will increase from $10 per copy to $15 per copy. Houchen Bindery will begin billing all customers for stamping the title and author information on the front cover. Because thesis and dissertation titles include custom text and are often long, cover preparation is expensive for the bindery. Unfortunately, neither the bindery nor the library is able to absorb the added cost and as a result, the increase must be passed on to the student author. For questions, please contact Sheryl Williams (email@example.com).
A new feature has been added to the Exam Master Online system: Flashcards. You will find this feature available once you log in to your account, in the list of buttons on the left. Simply select “Flashcards” and you will find the ability to create individual flashcards and also file them into flashcard groups. The amount of flashcards you can create is unlimited. You have the ability to create, edit, and view your flashcards. There is a help file readily available to guide you through the process. You can also convert any of your study notes into a flashcard. You will see a new option at the bottom of your study note to “Make this note a flashcard”.
Exam Master is available to the UNMC Faculty, Students, and Staff. It includes practice exams for the USMLE, Specialty Boards (Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, General Surgery, General Pediatrics, and SPEX), PANCE, NAPLEX, NBDE Part 1, and NCLEX-RN, as well as general review exams for medical students in a variety of subjects (anatomy, biochemistry, cytology and histology, internal and clinical medicine, microbiology, pathology, physiology, and psychiatry).
The following UNMC PhD dissertations were recently added to the library’s archives and circulating book collection. Congratulations on your accomplishments!
- Biochemical investigation of primase and helicase in bacteria / by Rafael F. Bressani.
- Development of adjunctive therapies for HIV-1- associated dementia / by Dawn L. Eggert.
- Development of immunotherapies and biomarkers for pancreatic cancer / by Jarrod Tremayne.
- Ethanol effects on hepatic proteolytic systems / by Tiana Vitula Curry-McCoy.
- In search of a message to promote personal health information management./ by Ellen B. Jacobs.
- Mechanisms of EHD1-mediated endocytic recycling/ by Marko Jović
- Mechanisms of targeted necrosis of proximal straight tubular cells following ischemic renal injury / by Kishor Devalaraja-Narashimha .
- Mechanistic role of pro-apoptotic molecules, siva and perp, in eliciting apoptosis in ischemic renal injury / by Kurinji Singaravelu.
- Molecular regulators of HIV-1 pathogenesis / by Sugato Banerjee.
- Mtor signaling in steroidogenic cells of the corpus luteum / by Edward W. Arvisais.
- Regulation of PIA synthesis and biofilm maturation in staphylococcus epidermidis / by Michael E. Olson.
- Targeted drug delivery for the management of choroidal neovascularization / by Swita R. Singh.
- Tat-conjugated nanoparticles for the cns delivery of anti-hiv drugs / by Kavitha S. Rao.
- The role of BKß1 in regulating extracellular volume / by P. Richard Grimm.
- The role of signal transducer and activator of transcription 5 (Stat5) in mammary gland development and tumorigenesis / by Bradley Allen Creamer.
- The role of the Bacillus anthracis LytSR two-component regulatory system in bacterial cell death and lysis / by Lakshmi Chandramohan.
- The role of the n-methyl-d-aspartate receptor in heart development: a gene knockdown model using SiRNA / by Octavian V. Lie.
- Translating the Pittsburgh sleep quality index into Arabic / by Khaled H. Suleiman.
- Tumor-stromal interactions mediated by paracrine hedgehog signaling in pancreatic cancer / by Jennifer M. Bailey Lundberg.
The USMLE Step 2 Practice Exam now in available in the library’s online subscription to Exam Master. Features include:
- 8 exam blocks of 44 questions each, total of 352 questions
- Both Test or Study mode
- Correct answers and explanation available in study mode
- Detailed score reports
- The following topics:
- General Principles
- Immunologic Disorders
- Diseases of the Blood & Blood-forming Organs
- Mental Disorders
- Diseases of the Nervous System & Special Senses
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Diseases of the Respiratory System
- Nutritional & Digestive Disorders
- Gynecologic Disorders
- Renal, Urinary, & Male Reproductive Systems
- Disorders of Pregnancy, Childbirth, & the Puerperium
- Disorders of the Skin & Subcutaneous Tissues
- Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System & Connective Tissue
- Endocrine & Metabolic Disorders
To access this practice exam, log into Exam Master, go to NEW EXAMS > Click “Courses” > Click “Select” next to the USMLE Step 2 Practice Exam.
Exam Master is available to all UNMC students, faculty, and staff.
Starting on Monday November 16, ExamMaster account holders will need to log in with the email address that was used during the initial registration process. Usernames will no longer work. If you do not know the email used to register, log into your account now, go to My Settings, then My Account.
ExamMaster is a database available to UNMC users and consists of the following practice test areas:
- Certification Review Series
- Medical Subject Review