Starting on Monday November 16, ExamMaster account holders will need to log in with the email address that was used during the initial registration process. Usernames will no longer work. If you do not know the email used to register, log into your account now, go to My Settings, then My Account.
ExamMaster is a database available to UNMC users and consists of the following practice test areas:
- Certification Review Series
- Medical Subject Review
- The new PubMed interface simplifies exports to RefWorks! Check out the RefWorks libguide (PDF) to find out how.
- Students, before you graduate, ask about free RefWorks access for Alumni! RefWorks is developing a new program for the alumni of institutions that license RefWorks. This program is supposed to provide free, continued RefWorks access after graduation. It’s not yet clear how this program will be administered. If you are a student and find RefWorks valuable, please ask us about this program before you graduate. You can contact Cindy Schmidt, at email@example.com or 559-7077, or the Library’s reference desk at firstname.lastname@example.org 559-6221. The program details may not be available until May.
- New RefWorks interface to be available in 2010. RefWorks technical support is planning to release a redesigned RefWorks interface in late 2009. You will not be forced to switch to the new interface immediately. We’re told that it will be available as an option for quite awhile before it becomes the default interface.
As always, please contact the library to arrange for a one-on-one or group RefWorks training session.
The semester has started, but never fear … the McGoogan Library of Medicine is here to help. Whether online or within the library (6th floor Wittson Hall), resources and services are available to assist you with your studies. We are open 7 days a week. Here are just some of the unique features we provide:
- One-on-one assistance with research at the Reference Desk (M-F 8a-5p), via email (email@example.com), phone (559-6221 ; 866-800-5209 toll-free) or by appointment.
- 16 study rooms, one with a SmartBoard. First-come-first served checkout of keys for a 2 hour period
- Over 5,000 online journals, major databases like MEDLINE, CINAHL, PsycINFO, and SciFinder, over 100 eTextbooks, and point-of-care resources like UpToDate, MDConsult, and DynaMed.
- Make paper writing easier with RefWorks – an online tool that helps organize and format your citations.
- Skulls, brain stems, and hearts, oh my! Check out anatomical models at the Circulation Desk.
- We don’t have it? Click the Order Articles link to request articles and books not in the collection. Don’t live in Omaha but we have a print journal article you need? No problem! We’ll scan it for you. All articles are delivered online with an average turnaround time of 2-business days. Most importantly, students receive their first 50 requests per fiscal year (July-June) free of charge (does not include Rush, Urgent, or Copyright royalties)
And remember ….
The PBL Process and College of Medicine Orientation are underway.Â Students are learning how to get around the library literally and virtually.Â All new medical students should now know a few basic things about our library and our staff:Â we’re online, we’re full of full text, valuable resources, and we’re always here to help.Â Best of luck to all of our students, faculty, and staff as we kick off another new year.