The library is now a Supporter Member with BioMed Central. UNMC faculty, staff, and students can now reap all the benefits of publishing a research article in an open access journal and receive a 15% discount on article processing charges. This is true regardless of the number of papers you publish.
When submitting a manuscript, either via a journal home page or via http://www.biomedcentral.com/manuscript/, you will be identified as belonging to UNMC and automatically granted a 15% discount on article processing charges if you are accessing the pages while on the UNMC campus. If you are at home or at an external terminal when submitting your paper, you can still claim this discount by stating your affiliation to UNMC.
BioMed Central publishes over 100 online journals, across the whole spectrum of biology and medicine. For a full list, please go to http://www.biomedcentral.com/browse/journals/
When you submit your research to any of our journals, it will receive rigorous and rapid peer review. If your article is accepted:
- It will be accessible to anyone with an Internet connection – open access means no subscriptions or ‘pay-per-view’ charges for original research articles.
- It is more likely to be cited, as it will be freely available to the entire global biological and medical community
- It will be listed in PubMed within days of publication
- You retain the copyright of your work
- You will be able to view your article’s access statistics, which average over 200 downloads per month per article
- Your articles will be securely and permanently archived in PubMed Central