New resident leaders chosen for 24-25 academic year

On February 12, 2024, Director of Education in the UNMC Department of Psychiatry Daniel Gih, MD, announced two changes starting on April 1. Max Lydiatt, MD, will take over as lead chief resident and Olivia Ochuba, MD, will be the program’s first associate chief resident.

Drs. Lydiatt and Ochuba will replace outgoing resident Matthew Kelly, MD, who said he’s happy to hand over the reins to such capable hands. 

“We look forward to seeing Drs. Lydiatt and Ochuba grow our program and their skills as resident leaders,” said Dr. Gih.

Dr. Lydiatt graduated from UNMC College of Medicine and matched with the UNMC Department of Psychiatry on March 19, 2021.

“Being named Chief Resident is a huge honor, and I’m grateful for the trust my colleagues have in me,” said Dr. Lydiatt. “I look forward to continuing the tradition of providing leadership to my co-residents, and also continuing to build the residency program. My priorities during my term will be continuing to improve resident education and continue striving for the highest quality patient care.”

Dr. Ochuba graduated from Creighton School of Medicine and transferred into the Department of Psychiatry residency program on July 1, 2022.

“For me, being associate chief resident means leading with empathy, fostering growth, and advocating for the well-being of both patients and colleagues,” said Dr. Ochuba. “My goal is to strive to create an inclusive environment where both healing and learning thrive.”

Along with her new role, Dr. Gih said that Dr. Ochuba will be the UNMC representative to the prestigious “Tarrytown” Chief Residents Leadership Conference hosted by the Albert Einstein College of Medicine in June 2024.

Sharing is caring!

bc fPGBVa