Welcome MLS staff: Loany Ryder

Loany Ryder

Loany Ryder, MLS(ASCP)CM, is an alumna of UNMC’s Medical Laboratory Science class of 2017 and is now a Medical Laboratory Science Program Instructor. Here’s more about her in her own words:

I grew up in Grand Island, Nebraska but was born in Honduras. I graduated from the University of Nebraska at Kearney with my bachelor’s in chemistry, where I first discovered my love and passion for science, math, and research. With excellent mentorship, I learned about the MLS Program at UNMC and decided it was the perfect fit for me. UNMC provides a diverse learning culture and has many tools for students to achieve their full potential.

Since graduating from UNMC, I have had a very rewarding career. I have worked at large clinical microbiology laboratories and outpatient point of care labs in the states of Indiana and Nebraska. Throughout my career, I have had unique opportunities to work with students with diverse backgrounds including infectious disease fellows, pharmacy residents, MLS and medical lab technician students. I realized how rewarding it is to help educate and inspire future students. So after six years, I am excited and humbled by the opportunity to help educate and mentor the next generation of laboratory scientists here at UNMC.

As an educator at UNMC, I have the unique opportunity to pour my energy and inspire students to realize their full potentials and help bring out their creativity. I feel incredibly blessed to work alongside some of my former mentors and an innovative team who transform learning environments and ensure our students have the best tools and resources for success.

3 comments

1. Suzette Ryder says:

Congratulations Loany!!!!

2. Rodrigo Fajardo says:

Congratulations daughter I am proud to you

3. Rodrigo Fajardo says:

Estoy sumamente orgulloso de ti , todos tus esfuerzos y sacrificios tienen su recompensa ahora , y vendrán muchos éxitos más en el futuro seguramente.Dios te bendiga hoy y siempre . Felicidades hija