UNMC_Acronym_Vert_sm_4c
University of Nebraska Medical Center

Welcome new faculty: Sarah Sprinkle

Sarah Sprinkle, BS, CT(ASCP)CM, recently joined our faculty in the Cytotechnology program. Here’s more about Sarah in her own words:

I am a Nebraska native graduating from Millard South High school in Omaha and Nebraska Wesleyan University in Lincoln. For two summers, I participated in the Summer Undergraduate Research Program offered through the University of Nebraska Medical Center (UNMC). During that time, I fell in love with the University and sought out programs offered within the system for higher education. In 2016, I graduated with a post-baccalaureate certificate in Cytotechnology from the UNMC College of Allied Health Professions.

While at UNMC, I received an E-learning scholarship for a group module titled Rapid On-Site Evaluation (ROSE) of FNA Specimens in Cytology and was inducted into the Alpha Eta National Honors Society for Allied Health Professions. My student career culminated in delivering the student address at the UNMC Allied Health graduation Ceremony. After graduation, I took a job as a practicing cytotechnologist at a local hospital in Cedar Rapids, IA. I continued to maintain my commitment to UNMC and the allied health professions by serving as the Cytotechnology alumni representative.

After four years in the field, it is with great honor that I now join the faculty at UNMC. I am truly grateful for the connection and mentorship I have experienced at UNMC and in Cedar Rapids throughout my academic and professional career. I look forward to participating in the continued growth of the Cytotechnology department and promoting the success of future Cytotechnology students.