Deadline: December 19, 2018
Through Fast Forward, the National Multiple Sclerosis Society has released a Request for Proposals to fund drug development opportunities for therapies promoting neuroprotection and repair relevant to multiple sclerosis.
- Pre-Applications will be accepted starting October 24, 2018
- Final date for acceptance of pre-applications: December 5, 2018
- Full Proposals will be due no later than December 19, 2018
Areas of high impact include:
* Therapeutic approaches that directly promote remyelination and/or neuroprotection — including stimulation of endogenous repair and cell-based approaches;
* Therapeutic approaches that directly modulate pathological innate immune responses;
* Proof-of-concept studies with repurposed FDA-approved therapies that have defensible intellectual property or strong commercial viability.
Appropriate proposals include, but are not limited to:
* Early-stage target validation;
* Optimization of pre-clinical compounds;
* PK/ADMET studies for valid compounds in development;
* Imaging studies to measure target occupancy or studies to measure target-related pharmacodynamic effects that could support a future clinical trial.
Research areas NOT supported by this RFP:
* Assay development
* Target identification studies
* High-throughput screening efforts
This RFP is open to commercial organizations and not-for-profit research institutions collaborating with a commercial organization. Consistent with our goal to support research and development conducted with a high level of quality control typical of the pharmaceutical industry, proposals from not-for-profit institutions will be considered if a majority of the work is conducted at reputable Contract Research Organizations with appropriate expertise relevant to the proposal.