Deadline: July 1, 2015
Award: up to $1.625 M
For post-doctoral talent on the cusp of their research careers, Initiator Awards provide the means to establish independent careers, hire staff and—most importantly—focus completely on conducting their innovative research. Two-phases of funding are designed to support the transition from trainee to independent investigator. Up to $1.625 M total over two phases.
- Researchers in Postdoctoral Training
- Phase 1 (mentored) $100,000/year maximum for 2 years
- Phase 2 (independent) $325,000/year maximum for 5 years
For scientists early in their careers, Accelerator Awards provide the freedom to continue their work undistracted. This in turn will help to accelerate their research in novel areas that hold high promise for a breakthrough in the fight to Stop Diabetes.
- Early-Career Diabetes Investigators
- $325,000/year maximum for 5 years
For experienced investigators with demonstrated success in another field to bring their expertise to diabetes research for the first time, Visionary Awards provide support for particularly innovative and transformational ideas that have the potential to have an exceptional impact in diabetes. Funding is granted in two phases, with transition to Phase 2 funding contingent on the success of Phase 1, as evidenced by productivity and continued dedication to diabetes research.
- Established Investigators, New to Diabetes Research
- Phase 1, $325,000/year maximum for 3 years
- Phase 2 (competitive renewal) $325,000/year maximum for 2 years
To learn more about the available grant opportunities, and for nomination materials, please go to diabetes.org/pathway.