UNMC_Acronym_Vert_sm_4c
University of Nebraska Medical Center

Welcome new faculty: Paige Haberkon

Paige Haberkon, MLS(ACP)CM, is a new instructor in the Medical Laboratory Science program. Here’s more about Paige in her own words:

I was born and raised in Colorado but have lived in Nebraska on and off since I began my undergraduate studies at Chadron State College in 2012. I completed my BS in Biology at the Metropolitan State University of Denver and after a pathogenic microbiology class found my passion for Medical Laboratory Science. I am a graduate of the 2020 UNMC Medical Laboratory Science Program in Kearney and have been working at the CHI Health Good Samaritan Hospital also in Kearney since then. I still work in the lab at Good Samaritan when I can because I love it so much, however I could not pass up the opportunity to have a part in teaching future Medical Laboratory Scientists.

In my spare time I enjoy reading listening to all types of music and paddle-boarding, though I am not very skilled at the last one. I also have a dog named Bonnie who loves walks, sunbathing, and sleeping anywhere she can in the weirdest positions. I truly enjoyed my time with UNMC when I was a student, and I am extremely excited to come back as an instructor and be a part of the university as it continues to grow. Everyone I have had the pleasure of meeting so far has been wonderful and welcoming and I look forward to meeting more of you in the future.

1 comment

1. Judith Mutchler says:

Congratulations, Paige. Really proud of you and glad you found your passion. That way, it’s not really “work”. Judy Otke mutchler