Welcome new staff: Nicholas Hanson

Nicholas Hanson, BS, recently joined our Respiratory Care staff as Education Program Coordinator. Here’s more about Nicholas in his own words:

“I received my bachelor’s degree in 2021 from the University of Nebraska Omaha, where I studied History and Political Science. Currently, I am enrolled at Emporia State University, where I am working to receive my master’s degree in library and Informational Sciences. I am planning to graduate with this degree in December. In the meantime, I am engaged to my wonderful Fiancé Mia, and we’re looking forward to getting married in October. I also have a cat named Crunch, who takes up most of our free time.

In my remaining free time, I love to travel and be outdoors, read classic sci fi and horror novels, work in our new garden, and spend time with friends and family. UNMC excites me as a place to grow both personally and professionally, and I’m very excited to continue meeting many of you throughout my journey here. Thank you!”