UNMC_Acronym_Vert_sm_4c
University of Nebraska Medical Center

Welcome new faculty: Cindy Arnold

Cindy Arnold

Cindy Arnold, MSN RN-BC, CPHQ, LSS-GB, recently joined our faculty as an assistant professor in the College. Here’s more about Cindy in her own words.

I am a Registered Nurse by background with many years of direct patient care clinical experiences. I have my MSN in Informatics from UNMC and a PMC as a Nurse Educator from Nebraska Methodist College of Health Sciences. I am Board Certified in Informatics, Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ), and as a Lean Six Sigma-Green Belt.

In addition to my clinical practice, I have worked as an Informaticist implementing electronic systems for various organizations in Nebraska and across the country and as a Director of Quality Improvement and Patient Safety. My love is combining the technology of informatics into patient safety and quality improvement projects. I describe myself as a “Nurse-Geek” because most people understand both of those terms. I love to use data to solve problems and puzzles.