UNMC_Acronym_Vert_sm_4c
University of Nebraska Medical Center

Welcome new staff: Denise Ott

portrait of Denise Ott

Denise Ott recently joined our Office of Academic Affairs as the Academic Affairs Coordinator. Here’s more about Denise in her own words:

I’m so excited to be joining CAHP! I have worked with CAHP on projects and always admire their innovation and teamwork. I have been with the College of Nursing for over 8 years. For the last six years I have worked as a student services coordinator working with over 300 undergraduate students in our traditional, accelerated and RN-BSN programs. Due to my husband’s military career, I have become a jack of all trades, and hopefully a master of a few! Prior to UNMC, I primarily worked in public relations; however, I have done everything from manage an apartment complex in Georgia, teach high school history in Germany, to coordinate volunteers in a large hospital in Kansas City.

I’m a native Nebraskan and a small town girl at heart growing up and graduating high school from Kenesaw (near Hastings). I attended Hastings College but ended up graduating from the University of Hawaii. My husband’s Army career took us all over the world but were fortunate to return to Nebraska about 10 years ago and he has since retired so planted roots and have a homestead by Gretna. We have two kids and will be empty nesters this fall as our daughter leaves for CASNR at UNL and our son is a senior at Doane. In my free time I enjoy watching movies, reading, crocheting, and working in my garden. I’m a lover of big dogs, football, and all the other seasons except summer!