Welcome new faculty: Michael Rosenthal, PT, DSc

The College recently welcomed Michael Rosenthal, PT, DSc, ATC, to the physical therapy education faculty. Here’s more about Mike in his own words:

I was raised in Alma and Lexington, NE.  Following graduation from Doane College I was commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Navy and completed a master’s degree in physical therapy from the U.S. Army-Baylor University program.  Following Navy assignments in Virginia, Maryland, and Florida, I attended the U.S. Military-Baylor University Sports Medicine-Physical Therapy Residency program at West Point, NY, which culminated in a Doctor of Science degree.  Subsequent Navy tours included the Naval Special Warfare Center (Coronado, CA), SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 1 (Hawaii), and Naval Medical Center, San Diego. After retiring from the Navy in 2016, I worked as an Assistant Professor in the School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, at San Diego State University.  

My wife Linda (a Colorado native) and I have five children (ages 12 to 22). In our spare time we enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, kids’ sports, and service activities. 

We are glad to back in the Midwest and I am excited to be a part of the UNMC team!