College of Allied Health Professions

Welcome new faculty: Michael Rosenthal, PT, DSc

Michael Rosenthal, PT, DSc, ATC

The College recently welcomed Michael Rosenthal, PT, DSc, ATC, to the physical therapy education faculty. Here’s more about Mike in his own words:

I was raised in Alma and Lexington, NE.  Following graduation from Doane College I was commissioned as an officer in the U.S. Navy and completed a master’s degree in physical therapy from the U.S. Army-Baylor University program.  Following Navy assignments in Virginia, Maryland, and Florida, I attended the U.S. Military-Baylor University Sports Medicine-Physical Therapy Residency program at West Point, NY, which culminated in a Doctor of Science degree.  Subsequent Navy tours included the Naval Special Warfare Center (Coronado, CA), SEAL Delivery Vehicle Team 1 (Hawaii), and Naval Medical Center, San Diego. After retiring from the Navy in 2016, I worked as an Assistant Professor in the School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences, Doctor of Physical Therapy Program, at San Diego State University.  

My wife Linda (a Colorado native) and I have five children (ages 12 to 22). In our spare time we enjoy a variety of outdoor activities, kids’ sports, and service activities. 

We are glad to back in the Midwest and I am excited to be a part of the UNMC team!